School counselors, teachers or other school staff may refer a child to our program. 

There are two ways to refer a child: 

(1) Written Permission: Print out this Parent Permission Form. Send the form home with the student you wish to refer. It can be helpful to discuss the program with the child first or to call and speak to the guardian and  let them know the form is going to be coming home. They should fill it out and return it back to you at school or they can mail it to me. After you receive the permission form back, please make sure the bottom box with the child’s lunchtime and other important information is completed by you. You can email me a scanned copy at or mail it to me at Garrett Mentors PO Box 725 Oakland, MD 21550 to continue the process.

(2) Verbal Permission: Oftentimes guardians will give verbal permission to the counselor or teacher but then forms will get lost or can take a while to come in.  Teachers and counselors can now fill out this form online after they have discussed the program with the guardian and have received verbal permission from the guardian to proceed with the referral.

Follow Us!

We would love to stay in touch with you! Connect with us on Facebook to stay up to date.

facebook follow

Website Design & Development by